TWCM = Together We Can Manage
TWCM = An International Project for Adults with ASD
Main goal: improve situation of people with ASD on the labour market.
The website was developed thanks to the collective project "Together We Can Manage" (TWCM)" of APLA Praha, střední Čechy and Autism Europe aisbl. TWCM project is financed by the European Social Fund and the State Budget of the Czech Republic (Human Resources and Development Operational Programme).
Website www.twcm.cz contains contributions of psychologues, pedagogues and of a wide range of social workers who focuse on the area of Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD). Among authors are also adults with autism who decided to publish their real life stories and share their experiences from work here.
This website should not serve only as a source of information but also as an efficient communication tool for the above mentioned target groups from the Czech Republic, and abroad. Information contained on this web will be used for elaboration of a strategy for supported employment of people with ASD in the Czech Republic. Afterwards, this strategy will be presented to the Czech authorities for futher discussion and possible incorporation into the Czech legislation.
We would like to express our thanks for public support given to this project, to all our partners, authors of articles, interpreters etc. Last but not least, our gratitude belongs to Ms. Zuzana Vojtová (graphic designe of this website) and Easysoftware Co. (IT support).
APLA Praha is a non-profit organisation which provides wide range of services for people with autism and their families. It was founded in 2003 and has its residence in Prague.
APLA Praha, together with Autism-Europe (www.autismeurope.com), runs the international project Together We Can Manage which is aimed at improving position of people with ASD on the labour Market in the Czech Republic.
You can find more information about us and our services here.
Autism Europe (AE), APLA Praha's partner in the TWCM project, is an international association with more than 80 members from 30 European countries. The main goal of AE is to help raise up the quality of life for people with ASD and their families.
- Parent Category: O projektu
- Category: Mezinárodní projekt TWCM
- Created on Monday, 04 August 2014 14:15
- creation of a network (“Net”) of European organisations supporting people with ASD
- creation of a policy for the development of supported employment and further work possibilities for people with ASD, which will be presented to policy makers and legislators
- comparison and assessment of the existing methods and processes of employing people with ASD
- transfer of know-how and good practice used abroad
- promotion and education regarding the employment of people with disabilities, especially those with ASD, raising public awareness and spreading examples of good practice
- involvement of people with ASD in the process of assessment and creation of the new policy